incorrect : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth
an incorrect calculation
- s not in accord with established usage or procedure
it is incorrect for a policeman to accept gifts
- s (of a word or expression) not agreeing with grammatical principles
- s characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules; the wrong side of the road"
an incorrect transcription
- Due to incorrect information from The Blacksmith Institute, an earlier version of this story mistakenly referred to the Chinese city of Tianjin.
- In Daniel Pearl's case, that assumption proved tragically incorrect.
- The DS is a perfect platform for sudoku, because you can easily erase incorrect entries, keep track of your progress and play against the clock.
News & Articles
- Errors by Lake Pontchartrain Causeway toll takers noted in audit
Incorrect cash counts by toll takers at the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway resulted in the agency being charged about $1,300 by its bank to make adjustments to deposits, according to an audit for the fiscal year ending Oct. 31, 2012. The...
June 17, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Kansas State golfer wins Big 12 sportsmanship award
When Whitney Pyle realized she had signed an incorrect scorecard following 36 holes of golf at the Westbrook Invitational last February, the Kansas State senior knew admitting the mistake to tournament officials would result in disqualification.
June 17, 2013 - The Wichita Eagle
- K-State women’s golfer wins Big 12 Sportsperson of the Year
Whitney Pyle, a K-State senior women’s golfer who turned herself in for signing an incorrect scorecard at a February tournament, was chosen Big 12 Sportsperson of the Year on Monday. Pyle, who finished in the top 20 of three tournaments, was also an active participant and leader in student and team-led service initiatives throughout her career.
June 17, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- Robert Gates in Human Events (blog)
I am concerned that the department has grown lax in how we engage with the media,Gates wrote. "We have far too many people talking to the media outside of channels, sometimes providing information which is simply incorrect, out of proper...
- Mike Nifong in Duke Chronicle
To the extent that I made judgments that ultimately proved incorrect, I apologize to the three students that were wrongly accused,Nifong said in a statement.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Forbes
There were insults and claims that were incorrect, regretfully,Ahmadinejad said, accusing Bollinger of offering "unfriendly treatment" under the influence of the US press and politicians.