- s badly timed
an ill-timed intervention
- Only last April, the Edinburgh-based bank called on investors for some $20 billion in much-needed capital, after subprime-related losses and an ill-timed takeover last year .
- But as an ill-timed anthropological artifact, Confessions offers weird pleasures, not least among them the fact that it makes us root for the debt collector.
- Republicans, meanwhile, have sunk to familiar depths in accusing Obama of championing sex education for kindergartners and seizing on an innocent but perhaps ill-timed comment by .
News & Articles
- Obama’s Syrian error
President Obama’s plan, announced last Thursday, to aid Syrian rebels was spectacularly ill-timed as well as wrong-headed. Ill-timed not just because we’re entering the battlefield very late in the game. But also becauseon Saturdaya new window seemed to open for negotiations with Syria’s ally, Iran, after Hasan...
June 17, 2013 - New York Post
- Chad Johnson Lawyer Seeks Reprieve From Jail Sentence
*As previously reported by EURweb, Former NFL wideout Chad Johnson was sentenced to 30 days behind bars for giving his attorney a “thank you” pat on the rear end in court Monday, sources say. The ill-advised, ill-timed gesture is one of many used by athletes to express emotion during competition. The abrupt ruling came just [...]
June 14, 2013 - EURweb
- Mel Martinez in Washington Post
We're in a very critical moment where many of us are hoping that we will see a transition as opposed to a transfer of power. Frankly I think his comments are ill-timed,said Florida Sen. Mel Martinez, chairman of the Republican National...
- John Bolton in FOXNews
It's about par for the course from President Carter, demonstrating a lack of judgment typical of what he does,said John Bolton, former US Ambassador to the United Nations. "To go to Syria to visit Hamas at this point is just an ill-timed,...
- John Garamendi in XETV FOX6 San Diego
Lt. Gov. John Garamendi, who sits on the boards of both CSU and UC because of his office, wrote in a letter to Achtenberg and CSU Chancellor Charles Reed that the pay raises are "ill-timed and unwise" and "will most assuredly arouse the ire...