- n a continuing very loud noise
- n the act of subjecting to strong attack
- v strike violently
- v to produce a sharp often metallic explosive or percussive sound
- v close violently
- v move noisily
- v have sexual intercourse with
- v leap, jerk, bang
- s (used informally) very large
- Even after having the place blessed by a priest at the urging of a friend, George and Kathy said they began experiencing strange things: banging noises, footsteps untraceable to .
- Five years ago, Ghada Jamsheer was at the courts in Bahrain when she saw a woman sobbing and banging her head on the ground; applying Islamic law, a judge had just denied her .
- Other journalists have surrounded his home, flashing cameras through windows and banging on doors.
News & Articles
- #Domo Stage — Get to know: Chandler Merchant of A King's Affliction
Returning to Van's Warped Tour is local head-banging musician Chandler Merchant, who intends to bring an acoustic charm to fans.
June 20, 2013 - Las Cruces Sun-News
- Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade dealing with pain in left knee
Dwyane Wade, who has dealt with a right knee injury throughout the postseason, now has an issue with his left one after banging knees with Manu Ginobili in the first half of Game 6.
June 20, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Miami pots and pans tradition explained
MIAMI (WSVN) -- The Miami Heat will be taking on the San Antonio Spurs for a winner-takes-all in game seven on Thursday night, and some Heat fans already know which pots and pans they will be banging on if their team is named champions for a second time in a row.
June 20, 2013 - 7 News Miami
- Rick Hendrick in The Associated Press
The racing wasn't very good,Hendrick said flatly. "It was just beating and banging, and cars looked like they were from a junkyard. But that was what they wanted."
- Joe Girardi in New York Times
Guys are just rallying behind Alex on their own,Manager Joe Girardi said. "This is what they're choosing to do, and I think it'sa wonderful thing. It's not something that we're banging on the drums saying, 'Let's have some support.' Anyone...
- Paul Ince in AFP
I am pleased he has signed as he is a proven goalscorer,Ince said after the final details of the pay-as-you-play deal were worked out. "It is not so long ago he was banging in the goals at Anfield. I believe he can still do it at this...