- n someone who has insufficient assets to cover their debts
- v reduce to bankruptcy
- s financially ruined
a bankrupt company
- I can get you declared a bankrupt for $75, and you can pay me on time.
- Once bankrupt and unable to find a buyer, a company must dissolve immediately, and recoup what it can through liquidation.
- But, Rick Wagoner, recently departed CEO of the company told Congress last December that consumers won't buy vehicles from a bankrupt company.
News & Articles
- Patriot, union exchange jabs during bankruptcy
Top executives of a bankrupt coal producer and the nation's biggest miner's union are trading public jabs over bargaining meant to stave off a strike against a company given a court's go-ahead to slash ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Ibovespa Rebounds After Four-Day Drop as Gafisa, Suzano Advance
The Ibovespa (IBOV) rose for the first time in five days as Gafisa SA (GFSA3) led a rally in Brazilian homebuilders and commodity exporters gained. Power utility Cia. Paranaense de Energia rose after saying it didn’t make an offer for bankrupt Rede Empresas de Energia Eletrica SA’s assets.
June 13, 2013 - Bloomberg
- US-INDUSTRY Summary
Greeks strike over state TV closure as backlash grows ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek workers will stage a nationwide strike on Thursday, forcing hospitals to work on emergency staff and disrupting transport, in protest against the "sudden death" of state broadcaster ERT, switched off in the middle of the night by the government. Greece's two biggest labor unions plan to bring much of the near-bankrupt ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Jim DeMint in New York Times
The federal government went bankrupt in one week in the used-car business, and now they want to run our health care system,Mr. DeMint said in an interview on "Fox News Sunday." "This is crazy to try to rush this thing through again while...
- Condoleezza Rice in 940 News
In Washington, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said the bombings prove al-Qaida is "the most brutal and bankrupt of movements" and will strengthen Iraqi resolve to reject terrorism.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can,Obama said. "It's just that it will bankrupt them."