thumping : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects)
- v move rhythmically
- v make a dull sound
- v hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument
a bible-thumping Southern Baptist
- s (used informally) very large
a thumping loss
- Much of the answer can be traced to the lessons of his first thumping.
- The shy thoughts, and the bold heart thumping ever harder, his hand drawn to enter into our picture to pass that baton to the guy we call the Boss.
- This one is all about the noises of the city: nine annoying cell phones ringing, eight dogs barking, four b-ball players thump-thump-thumping.
News & Articles
- Charges filed in LaPorte homicide
LAPORTE | Jennifer Jemiolo heard thumping and went downstairs to see her mother, Kathy, not moving after being pummeled with a baseball bat and stabbed multiple times by her father, according to court documents.
June 13, 2013 - The Times of Northwest Indiana
- La Porte man formally charged with killing wife
LA PORTE – Jennifer Jemiolo heard thumping and went downstairs to see her mother, Kathy, not moving after being pummelled with a baseball bat and stabbed multiple times by her father.
June 13, 2013 - 22 WSBT South Bend
- The Best New Restaurant in Paris
Paris' 11th arrondissement is the thumping heart of the city's neo-bistro movement, home to perpetually packed restaurants offering inventive menu dégustations in buzzy settings like Septime, where Beyoncé and Jay-Z were spotted in April, and Bones, which opened in January.
June 13, 2013 - Bloomberg