- n winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
- n the noise made by the forceful impact of two objects
- n a forceful impact that makes a loud noise
- n an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- v close violently
He slammed the door shut
- v strike violently
slam the ball
- v dance the slam dance
- v throw violently
He slammed the book on the table
- Three slams are possible: little slam, or six tricks over book; grand slam, seven over book; and super-slam, all 16 tricks.
- In a half century of amateur tennis, only one man has achieved a grand slam of the game's four major tournamentsDon Budge, who in 1938 swept the Australian, French, Wimbledon .
- But it is the glimmer of his vast potentialthe explosive slam dunks, the boyish good looks, even the mystery surrounding his age (anywhere from 15 to 18, depending on whom you .
News & Articles
- ‘Slam the Fourth Man!’ on Thursday, June 13 at the library
“Slam of the Fourth Man!” will be held Thursday, June 13 from 2 to 6 p.m. at the South County Library. The event is free. From the Roanoke County website: Learn about music, write lyrics, perform, and record. Become the fourth and final member this trio needs! In the auditorium.
June 13, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Google Launches Cube Slam, An Open Source Pong Clone, To Show Off The Power Of WebRTC And WebGL
Google today launched Cube Slam, an open source pong clone that you can play against the computer or a friend in the browser. That by itself wouldn't be all that exciting, but Google created this game to show off the power of WebRTC, Web Audio and WebGL.
June 12, 2013 - TechCrunch
- Check Out Cube Slam, Google’s New Experimental Chrome Game
Google revealed its latest Chrome experiment today. It’s a two-player game call Chrome Slam, and lets two Chrome users with web cams play a type of 3D Pong/air hockey-like game against one another, while looking at each others’ faces on …
June 12, 2013 - WebProNews
- Roger Federer in Fox Sports
Federer said the fact Murray "didn't win the first (grand slam final) doesn't help". "He needs it more than I do, especially playing me, who knows what it takes."
- Tomas Berdych in Sify
The feeling is absolutely amazing. It is really tough to describe. Every young kid, from the first time he hits the ball and thinks to be a tennis player, this is the dream to be in the final of any Grand Slam,Berdych said.
- Novak Djokovic in USA Today
I know the crowd wanted him to win more,Djokovic said. "That's OK, it's all right. I still love you guys, don't worry. I'm very, very happy that I won my first Grand Slam here, so hopefully we'll see you here on this stage a lot more often...