- n the act of subjecting to strong attack
- v strike against forcefully
- v strike violently and repeatedly
- v make a dent or impression in
- After police and FBI authorities entered suspected Welcoming Committee buildings with battering rams and guns drawn, they confiscated items purportedly used to make Molotov .
- In one three-second shot of a boxer battering the stomach of his opponent, he used Middleweights Johnny Cesario and Joey Archer.
- By Tuesday, police were ready to invade with tear gas and battering rams when Mayor Marion Barry arrived on the scene and ordered the lawmen to back off.
- Anthony Albanese in NEWS.com.au
I really don't support the view that somehow you use the Olympics as a battering ram against the Chinese government,Mr Albanese said to Fairfax Radio.
- Ken Auletta in International Herald Tribune
The Post was a "battering ram against Koch's opponents," said Ken Auletta, a writer for the New Yorker who wrote a lengthy profile about Murdoch for the magazine in 1995 and another piece in July concerning his bid for the Journal. "He has...
- Audley Harrison in BBC Sport
My critics are always going to be there and the battering I suffer out of the ring is why I live in America,said Harrison. "It's an unwarranted battering but I'm not going to cry about it. My left hand was firing on Friday and I had three...