- n a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers
- n a meal set out on a buffet at which guests help themselves
- n usually inexpensive bar
- v strike against forcefully
Winds buffeted the tent
- v strike, beat repeatedly
The wind buffeted him
- Dale had to buffet all the dents in the cars after the hail storm ended.
- A mouth watering buffet was laid out for the heads of states after their meeting on poverty alleviation.
- An unexpected storm caught the ships out at sea and buffeted each one of them against the cliff.
News & Articles
- Indian buffet offers
The buffet lunch at Indian Cuisine really exceeded my expectations. On my recent visit to the restaurant I was pleasantly surprised with the wide variety of dishes offered and the excellent flavor. Plus it’s all-you-can-eat for a reasonable price of $11.65.
June 18, 2013 - Independent Florida Alligator
- Share Your Memories of Buffet de la Gare in Hastings
Buffet de la Gare in Hastings, one of Westchester's best-loved restaurants, will be closing at the end of July. We're creating a slideshow of photos and memories, and want to include yours. Upload your photos, writing your memories in the caption, at lohud.com/snap. Choose the category of food.
June 18, 2013 - The Journal News
- Hastings' Buffet de la Gare closing in July
Buffet de la Gare, one of Westchester's iconic French restaurants, is closing this summer. Chef Chris Vergara of Harper's in Dobbs Ferry and Meritage in Scarsdale will open a restaurant called St. Georges in the Hastings-on-Hudson space in the fall. Annie Goulet, Buffet's owner, will retire.
June 13, 2013 - The Journal News
- Barack Obama in Houston Chronicle
I think that if taxpayers invest in Goldman Sachs, they shouldn't get a worse deal than when Warren Buffet invests in Goldman Sachs,Obama said.
- Jeb Hensarling in International Herald Tribune
I haven't seen anything good ever come out of an omnibus,said Rep. Jeb Hensarling, a Republican. "It's typically an invitation to the all-you-can-eat pork buffet and I don't know why anybody would want to participate in such a process."