- v cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
- s aroused to impatience or anger
- s troubled persistently especially with petty annoyances
- She suggested that such stories annoyed her husband.
- Or summarily be turned down for membership in the National Academy of Sciences? What was it about Salk that so annoyed his fellow scientists? 1 2 3 Next .
- The job isn't over until she has seen all the pictures and has annoyed the art department," he says.
News & Articles
- Steve Gunn: Tea party litmus test could end up electing Democrats
I've always struggled to understand why some people are so annoyed by tea party activists. As a friend once put it, they are mostly a bunch of old people sitting around in lawn chairs, demanding that their government stop...
June 19, 2013 - The Muskegon Chronicle
- Mad Customer Exclaims: There Is No Cheese In A Hamburger!
If a waiter doesn't get your order right, there's a chance you could get a little annoyed.Well, this man took annoyed to a whole new level! he was downright furious after workers put cheese on his hamburger!
June 18, 2013 - FOX 29 Philadelphia
- Movie texting sends rude msg
Dear OMG, I was recently in a movie theater next to someone texting excessively. I got so annoyed that I asked her to stop, at which point she had the nerve to report me to the usher for talking during the movie. The friend I attended the film with said texting during movies is just part of life now — I should be glad she wasn’t talking on the phone and leave it at that. I disagree. Can I ...
June 17, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Oliver Bierhoff in Times of India
Bierhoff said: "We have freedom of speech in the team and need players willing to speak their mind. It is rather like when a player says he is disappointed to be left out -- are you supposed to be annoyed that he is disappointed? But in the end, it...
- Diego Maradona in SkySports
As a result, Maradona said: "Many journalists should apologise to the players. I'm not suggesting you drop your trousers, but it would be honest and great so we all get along better. I am turning 50 and I am not bitter. But I get annoyed when people...
- Mesut Ozil in AFP
I could have already made it 1-0 in the first-half, so I was a bit annoyed with myself,said Ozil. "I was disappointed, but I knew that I would score a goal."