- v cause to be annoyed
His behavior really miffed me
- s aroused to impatience or anger
- Children light lamps in the shape of Swastika, a Hindu symbol of prosperity, on the eve of Hindu festival of Diwali in India in November 2004 Asians are rightly miffed that Adolf .
- Some investors in China, in fact, are already miffed at the government, saying that the new supply of shares coming to the mainland's markets regional banks such as the Bank of .
- Clad in bush jacket and white straw hat, he flew to Kuching, capital of Sarawak state, where politicians were a bit miffed that the Singapore secession had been arranged without .
News & Articles
- Judge tells suspect with $39,000 in her bra: 'I need to see ... support' for story
It was a nail-biter for a Canadian woman in federal court today as her lawyer tried to explain why she hid the bulk of her life savings in her bra and tried to sneak a total of $73,000 into the U.S. - a story that had the judge visibly miffed. U.S. Magistrate David Grand, who hesitated in granting her bond, said, 'It's such a large amount of cash.... I need to see some kind of support for this ...
June 12, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Richardson creates stir with $10 million donation
After shaking down the City of Charlotte for $87.5 million to help fund upgrades at Bank of American Stadium, Panthers owner Jerry Richardson has forked over $10 million to apply his name to another football venue. And some folks in Charlotte understandably are miffed. Richardon’s donation to UNC Charlotte will result in the Charlotte 49ers…
June 12, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- Colchester squeezes Rice in extra innings
COLCHESTER — Still miffed about his misplay that led to Rice’s go-ahead run in the top of the eighth inning, Colchester’s Jared Antoniak strolled to the plate with a chance at redemption.
June 9, 2013 - The Burlington Free Press
- Tom Izzo in International Herald Tribune
Miffed would be a wrong word,Michigan State coach Tom Izzo said of the snub. "I was disappointed that he wasn't, hoping that especially coaches would see what this kid has done for us, instead of maybe just choosing the guys with the...
- Ralph Alpher in Forbes
Was I hurt? Yes! How the hell did they think I'd feel?,Alpher said in a 1999 Discover magazine article. "I was miffed at the time that they'd never even invited us down to see the damned radiotelescope. It was silly to be annoyed, but I...
- Doc Rivers in OCRegister (blog)
BOSTON - Because the Lakers shot 41 free throws to Boston's 26 in Game 2 of the NBA Finals, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Tuesday: "I'm just miffed and amazed how the other team complained about the fouls since we've been the team that's been in...