- v travel by means of steam power
The ship steamed off into the Pacific
- v emit steam
- v rise as vapor
- v get very angry
her indifference to his amorous advances really steamed the young man
- v clean by means of steaming
- v cook something by letting steam pass over it
- s cooked in steam
- s aroused to impatience or anger
- I've been steamed for years because, when fortune.
- The Kiawo steamed under the lea of the Wanhsien and effected a rescue of all Occidentals on board after a hand to hand fight with the Chinese.
- The destroyers Rupert us and Tucker steamed alongside with hoses trained upward.
News & Articles
- Sad Times: Tamale Lady Evicted from Zeitgeist
Virginia Ramos, aka the Tamale Lady, is an institution, wheeling her chest of treats wrapped in steamed corn husks. The cheer at the Eagle beer bust when she rolls up around six to feed the bur...
June 13, 2013 - SF Weekly Blogs
- Happy Valley Grill opens for season
VAIL — Happy Valley Grill, located in the Vail Golf Clubhouse, is open for the summer season, serving its full menu daily from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Boasting the most spectacular views of the Gore Range of any Vail restaurant, Happy Valley Grill offers contemporary American cuisine from Colorado grass-fed burgers to Berkshire pork ribs on a steamed bun, watermelon gazpacho to locally sourced ...
June 10, 2013 - Vail Daily
- Russell Martin in Washington Post
It wasn't at his head, it was over his head,Martin said. "We're just trying to make a statement. It's part of the game. Manny looked a little more steamed than I was."
- Doug Buffone in SportingNews.com
We'd just lost a close game to Detroit one year and I was really steamed. I'm throwing pieces of my uniform around the locker room and suddenly Abe,Buffone said, referring to former coach Abe Gibron," shows up next to my stool and says, 'What...
- Heikki Kovalainen in International Herald Tribune
Everybody has asked me about the last few laps with Kimi but my mirrors had steamed up completely and I couldn't see him,Kovalainen said. "He got past me into turn five on the final lap but I wanted (second) so much that I went back round...