anomalous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s deviating from the general or common order or type
advanced forms of life may be anomalous in the universe
- The company, dependent as it was on internet marketing, went down the tube when an unexplained, anomalous dip in the number of hits left it gasping.
- This year's scanty rainfall appears to be anomalous after the long string of bountiful rainfalls that we have had.
- To limit areas into which search engines can crawl into appears to be anomalous to our times.
News & Articles
- Elevated pollutant finding no big danger, water official says
Though the Nelsonville Public Water Supply last year detected an elevated level of a contaminant that's a byproduct of chlorination, an Ohio EPA official said last week that this appears to have been an anomalous result, which has not been repeated in subsequent, more frequent testing.
June 30, 2013 - The Athens News
- Coen brothers in Washington Post
It immediately seemed like the kind of thing we could make a movie out of, largely by virtue of what kind of story it is, which for Cormac is a little anomalous compared to his other things,Ethan Coen, 50, told The Associated Press during an...
- Russ Feingold in FOXNews
...told the hearing that his proposed Federal Data Mining Reporting Act would require federal agencies to regularly inform Congress about their use of data mining "to discover predictive or anomalous patterns indicating criminal or terrorist...
- John Howard in International Herald Tribune
As time goes by, if India were to meet safeguard obligations, some Australians would see it as anomalous that we would sell uranium to China but not to India,Prime Minister John Howard told reporters in his hometown of Sydney.