- v leave (a job, post, or position) voluntarily
She vacated the position when she got pregnant
- v leave behind empty; move out of
You must vacate your office by tonight
- v cancel officially
vacate a death sentence
- But he gave the Americans six months to vacate the base, and, well, a lot can happen in six months.
- An insider says Caroline Kennedy has reached out to the New York governor to discuss the Senate seat Hillary Clinton will vacate next month.
- After the vote, Nepalese officials presented Gyanendra with an eviction notice of sorts, giving him 15 days to vacate the palace.
News & Articles
- Controversial Member Kicked Off Saugus School Board
The board voted 4-1 Tuesday to vacate the seat held by Stephen Winkler after discovering that he doesn't live in the district.
June 19, 2013 - CBS 2 Los Angeles
- Appeals Court Decision Rejects Delta Request for Invalidation of Ex-Im Bank Air India Transactions
The U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, DC today rejected a request by Delta Air Lines to vacate the Export-Import Bank of the United States’ (“Ex-Im Bank’s”) support of sales of U.S.-manufactured aircraft to Air India. The Court has asked Ex-Im Bank to further explain its financing decision for the Air India transactions, but the Court chose to leave undisturbed the Bank’s financing of the Air ...
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- FCC Declines to Reinstate WALO-LP License
The commission has denied a petition for reconsideration filed by Spirit Productions of Tequesta, Fla., to vacate the decision cancelling the analog license and digital construction permit for WALO-LP in West Palm Beach, Fla., and deleting the call sign.
June 18, 2013 - Television Broadcast
- Benjamin Netanyahu in The Associated Press
But he also said: "We have to have very strong security arrangements so that areas that we vacate do not turn into Iranian strongholds."
- Robert Mugabe in International Herald Tribune
Land distribution will continue. It will not stop,Mugabe said. "The few remaining white farmers should quickly vacate their farms as they have no place there."
- Salad Ali Jelle in Washington Post
People in Mogadishu should vacate their homes which are located near the strongholds of terrorists and we will crack down on insurgents and terrorists very soon,Jelle told The Associated Press.