- v get lost, as without warning or explanation
- v become invisible or unnoticeable
The effect vanished when day broke
- v pass away rapidly
- v cease to exist
An entire civilization vanished
- v decrease rapidly and disappear
the money vanished in las Vegas
- Call it the case of the vanishing cabinet ministers.
- A thought-experiment: What would become of the earth if humanity were to softly and silently and suddenly vanish away? What starts as a morbid parlor game becomes a mesmerizing and .
- She investigates the fate of prisoners who vanish in police custody and battles for their release through the courts and in the press.
News & Articles
- Afghanistan Sikhs, already marginalized, are pushed to the brink
Widespread discrimination has prompted many Afghan Sikhs to flee, greatly diminishing their number. Those who remain fear their community may vanish altogether. KABUL, Afghanistan — Outsiders may have trouble distinguishing between the turbans worn by Afghan Sikhs, with their tighter folds, varied colors and tucked-in edges, and those worn by Afghan Muslims, usually black or white with the end ...
June 11, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Edible (and Branded) Content: ABC Cocina Buys the Farm, Sells the Table—and the Results Are Perfection
The catalog-like interior at ABC Cocina. I arrived in New York City at the turn of the century, and I’ve been writing professionally—or at least for pay—ever since. In the decade-plus that I’ve been fortunate enough to make a living as a writer, I’ve seen scores of publications fold up like origami cranes and fly away. Some vanish in the night (the dad model). Others peter out (the old-soldier ...
June 11, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Polk CEO will remain, but company name could change after IHS acquisition
Bill Shea - The “Polk” of Southfield-based R.L. Polk & Co. fame could vanish after 143 years after its $1.4 billion acquisition by Englewood, Colo.-based business data giant IHS Inc. closes later this year. IHS could decide to trade on the well-known Polk name rather than operate under the IHS brand, or it could drop Polk's moniker in favor of something else.
June 10, 2013 - Crain's Detroit Business
- Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in Australia.TO
Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink...... I don't know what will go first, rock 'n' roll or Christianity. We (The Beatles) are more popular than Jesus now. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them... John Lennon http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHz-BQlIiadU4ebVwiCZKr7pBR40A Nigerian Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/7144-those-who-mocked-god-and-died&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPT_Ktn9Mem4Ql9lNpDMCArNJKRg Jun 21, 2010
107143 140388 vanish The Iranian president said: The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time", as correctly cited by the New York Times of October 30, 2005.
- Barack Obama in The Hill
None of us expect that arguments about patriotism will, or should, vanish entirely; after all, when we argue about patriotism, we are arguing about who we are as a country, and more importantly, who we should be,Obama stated in his speech...