- n two-winged insects characterized by active flight
- n flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent
- n an opening in a garment that is closed by a zipper or by buttons concealed under a fold of cloth
- n (baseball) a hit that flies up in the air
- n fisherman's lure consisting of a fishhook decorated to look like an insect
- v travel through the air; be airborne
Man cannot fly
- v move quickly or suddenly
- v operate an airplane
- v transport by aeroplane
We fly flowers from the Caribbean to North America
- v cause to fly or float
fly a kite
- v be dispersed or disseminated
Rumors and accusations are flying
- v change quickly from one emotional state to another
fly into a rage
- v pass away rapidly
- v travel in an airplane
she is flying to Cincinnati tonight
Are we driving or flying?
- v display in the air or cause to float
fly a kite
All nations fly their flags in front of the U.N.
- v run away quickly
- v travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft
Lindbergh was the first to fly the Atlantic
- v hit a fly
- v decrease rapidly and disappear
- s (British informal) not to be deceived or hoodwinked
- To fish with a fly is to imitate the fly at its various stages of development.
- Let's start with an uncomfortable and increasingly important truth: flying's pretty tough on the environment.
- It recently acknowledged that a Federal Air Marshall, unable to fly for weeks when his name was mistakenly put on the "no-fly" list, was in fact not a threat, and removed his name .
News & Articles
- Fly fishers want to build new clubhouse
Shasta Trinity Fly Fishers wants to build a clubhouse at Redding's Clover Creek Preserve. But it has many hurdles to clear before the project moves ahead.
June 12, 2013 - The Record Searchlight
- Fly to MIA, Sail from Fort Lauderdale.
I'm in the middle of pricing cruises for next February. One potential cruise sails from Fort Lauderdale. It costs $160 more to fly to FLL than to MIA.
June 12, 2013 - Cruise Addicts
- Fly Leasing upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
Citigroup upgraded Fly Leasing citing lower interest expense following the company's debt re-pricing. The firm raised its price target for shares to $17.30 from $16.60.
June 11, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in New York Daily News
Our intelligence community failed to connect those dots which would have placed the suspect on the no-fly list. It is increasingly clear that intelligence was not fully analyzed or fully leveraged,an angry Obama said. "That's not...
- Robinho in Hindustan Times
I would like to make it clear to the fans what the situation is, so that they can understand my decision to fly home to Brazil,Robinho said on his Web site. "Earlier in the month I made Manchester City aware that I needed to return to...
- John McCain in ABC News
I believe that it's very possible that we can get an agreement so that I have time to fly to Mississippi,McCain told Charlie Gibson.