foliated : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v hammer into thin flat foils
- v decorate with leaves
- v coat or back with metal foil
- v number the pages of a book or manuscript
- v grow leaves
the tree foliated in Spring
- a ornamented with foliage or foils
a foliated capital
- s (especially of metamorphic rock) having thin leaflike layers or strata
- Access to the area in the southern reaches of the island's heavily foliated mountainous spine is restricted to the military.
- TVA transmission lines foliated alongside and over private lines with cheap power, made possible in part at least because TVA paid no taxes, operated under a rubber capital .
- In Viet Nam, for instance, such devices have often been used to detect Communist troops in even the most densely foliated jungle.