- n someone who is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight
- n a person qualified to guide ships through difficult waters going into or out of a harbor
- n a program exemplifying a contemplated series; intended to attract sponsors
- n something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies
- n small auxiliary gas burner that provides a flame to ignite a larger gas burner
- n an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
- v operate an airplane
The pilot flew to Cuba
- v act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance
- When the commercial jets flew into service, they made the airline pilot a surplus commodity.
- Test Pilot is a semiregular feature sharing my first impressions of the pilots for next fall's shows.
- Despite a skillful pilot, 23 die in a jetliner blaze The Air Canada DC-9 was approximately 25 miles northwest of Cincinnati when controllers at the Federal Aviation.
News & Articles
- Pilot Knob man hurt in accident on Route NN
A Pilot Knob man was moderately injured when his truck was hit in the side by a car which failed to stop at a stop sign. The accident happened at 11:12 p.m. Tuesday on Route N at Route NN in St. Francois County.
June 12, 2013 - Park Hills Daily Journal
- Pilot Escapes Injuries In Emergency Landing
A northwest Kansas pilot wasn't injured when he was forced to land his plane on a county road.
June 12, 2013 - KAKE Wichita
- Pilot Crashes into Deer on Vinton Airport Runway
VINTON, Iowa - A Vinton pilot is still reeling after he struck a deer while trying to land his small airplane this weekend. He had barely touched down when a handful of deer ran across the runway.
June 11, 2013 - KCRG-TV9 Cedar Rapids
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
He said, 'Me and my crew, we were just doing our job.' And it made me think, if everybody did their job -- whatever that job was -- as well as that pilot did his job, we'd be in pretty good shape,Obama said.
- Michael Bloomberg in CNN International
I had a long conversation with the pilot,Bloomberg said. "He walked the plane twice after everybody else was off, and tried to verify that there was nobody else on board, and assures us there were not."
- President Bush in XETV FOX6 San Diego
President Bush says "endless hours sitting in an airplane on a runway with no communication between a pilot and the airport is just not right."