- n something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies
- Sun Tsu is the archetype of all authors who have written about the Art of War.
- Gandhi, an archetype of a leader who preached and practiced peace, was never awarded the Nobel prize for peace.
- Marilyn's media-drenched image as a tragic dumb blond has become an American archetype, along with the Marlboro Man and the Harley-straddling wild one.
News & Articles
- Vote: How did the recession change your behavior? | Jon Talton
People who grew up during the Great Depression were forever scarred by the experience and it affected their financial behavior, or so they say. Members of my family who experienced that calamity were horrible with money, the antithesis of the risk-averse, hyper-saving Depression archetype. On the ot
June 14, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Shots, Licks, and Male Ennui
Jonathan Singer-Vine's debut film is an honest coming-of-age. by Rachel Swan Jonathan Singer-Vine is both a product of Berkeley and an archetype of Berkeley. He's the son of a scientist and a psychologist, the younger brother of a former Express intern who went on to write for the Wall Street Journal, and the identical twin of a high school-dropout-turned-pop-radio artist.… [ Read more ...
June 12, 2013 - East Bay Express
- Brannon Braga in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Writing the character of Jim Shannon, we've thought of Jason O'Mara as something of an archetype,executive producer Brannon Braga told the trade paper. "He has an everyman quality to him, but there's something dangerous underneath."
- Jack Nicholson in Parade Magazine
I still get along with all the women I was in love with,Nicholson says. "At some point, I've asked every woman I ever lived with to marry me. But they knew me too well. I'm the archetype of the man who is a problem. Men look at stuff like...
- Bob Dylan in Village Voice
Dylan wrote about Mike Seeger in his 2004 autobiography, Chronicles: "As for being a folk musician, he was the supreme archetype. He could push a stake through Dracula's black heart. He was the romantic, egalitarian and revolutionary type all at...