pilot light :
- n small auxiliary gas burner that provides a flame to ignite a larger gas burner
- n indicator consisting of a light to indicate whether power is on or a motor is in operation
News & Articles
- Pilot lights on Hoyt Street generate comment
Neighbors have negatively responded to First Selectman Jayme's Stevenson's request for feedback regarding four test pilot lights that were installed on Hoyt Street on back-to-back street posts.
July 13, 2013 - Darien News-Review
- Expert: Chinatown Building Explosion Shows Danger Of Bug Bombs
Fire officials said Saturday that a resident of the Chinatown building that partially collapsed from an explosion this week had set off two rounds of bug bombs – and also neglected to turn off a pilot light.
July 13, 2013 - CBS New York
- NYC fire officials say resident set off bug bombs
NEW YORK — New York fire officials say a resident in a Chinatown building set off two rounds of bug bombs to battle an infestation, causing an explosion that injured 12 people. Fire officials say the woman set off 20 canisters Wednesday. On Thursday, she deployed about two dozen more but forgot to turn off a pilot light. The poisonous flammable fumes exploded, shattering windows on three floors ...
July 13, 2013 - Boston Herald