- v become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence
- v be at variance with; be out of line with
- v be subject to change in accordance with a variable
His moods vary depending on the weather
- v make something more diverse and varied
- That said, a plumber's earnings vary widely depending on the region in which they work and whether a plumber owns a business that employs others.
- At the moment, health-insurance premiums vary wildly.
- Battle has a penchant for changing hotel suites in the middle of a stay just to vary the color of her surroundings.
News & Articles
- When it comes to mammals, how big is too big?
Mammals vary enormously in size, from weighing less than a penny to measuring more than three school buses in length. Some groups of mammals have become very large, such as elephants and whales, while others have always been small, like primates. A new theory provides an explanation for why and how certain groups of organisms are able to evolve gigantic sizes, whereas others are not.
June 17, 2013 - Science Daily
- Health Tip: Vary Your Child's School Lunch
Title: Health Tip: Vary Your Child's School Lunch Category: Health News Created: 6/14/2013 8:35:00 AM Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 15, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- Researcher: Tribes vary greatly on medical studies
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - Native American tribes are interested in taking part in medical research studies but tribes vary greatly on what is considered culturally acceptable, a Native American public health investigator said Wednesday.
June 13, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Our ideas and opinions about how to achieve this reform will vary, but our goal must be the same: quality, affordable health care for every American that no longer overwhelms the budgets of families, businesses and our government,Obama said.
- James Robertson in BusinessWeek
Of the more than 180 countries that issue paper currency, only the United States prints bills that are identical in size and color in all their denominations,Robertson wrote. "More than 100 of the other issuers vary their bills in size...
- Margaret Chan in eTravelBlackboard - Asia Edition
World Health Organization general director Margaret Chan, commented, "We have good reason to believe that this pandemic will be of moderate severity, and we know from experience that severity can vary on many factors from one country to another."