motley : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
- n a garment made of motley (especially a court jester's costume)
- n a multicolored woolen fabric woven of mixed threads in 14th to 17th century England
- v make something more diverse and varied
- v make motley; color with different colors
- s consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds
a motley crew
- s having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly
a jester dressed in motley
- The President-elect's $775 billion plan is a motley mix of tax cuts, infrastructure spending and other programs and much of it is based on untested economic guesswork.
- Our tastes are too motley, our options too many.
- Says he: "The chief had a motley aggregation.
News & Articles
- Staples-Motley prevails for Class 2A state boys golf title
JORDAN, Minn. - A third Minnesota Class 2A state championship in a row was not in the cards for the Detroit Lakes boys golf team, as Staples-Motley swooped in to win the team title after shooting seven strokes better than the Lakers on Wednesday at The Ridges at Sand Creek Golf Course.
June 13, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- The Motley Fool: Why bother with stocks?
The Motley Fool: Why bother with stocks? Successful investors have learned that the value of individual stocks as well as the overall market will fluctuate over time, sometimes soaring or sinking sharply. Over the long haul, if you've bought stocks at undervalued prices, they should approach or exceed their intrinsic value. Exiting stocks makes sense if you really have little or no faith in them ...
June 12, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Mourning The Death of His Mother
Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx is mourning the death of his mother, Deana Richards, who passed away on Saturday
June 11, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Tommy Lee in Reuters
We're going to start tracking as soon as Motley is done (touring) at the end of March, and hopefully I'll have it ready by April/May and done by the top of June,Lee said.
- Ozzy Osbourne in The Press Association
Ozzy said: "Throughout my career I've felt this obligation to give up-and-coming bands a leg up in the music business. I've taken out bands from Motley Crue to Metallica to System Of A Down and Slipknot on their first big tours. I'm looking to give...
- Vince Neil in SYS-CON Brasil
The overall talent and energy of The Last Vegas surpassed our expectations,said Motley Crue's Vince Neil . "Motley Crue is excited to pass the torch on to these amazing musicians, just as Ozzy did for us over 25 years ago."