- v make a painting
he painted all day in the garden
He painted a painting of the garden
- v apply paint to; coat with paint
We painted the rooms yellow
- v make a painting of
He painted his mistress many times
- v apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil
- a coated with paint
freshly painted lawn furniture
- s lacking substance or vitality as if produced by painting
in public he wore a painted smile
- a having makeup applied
brazen painted faces
- s having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly
the painted desert
- The interior of this 2007 Peterbilt 379, made by father and son Dallas and Matthew McCord, features a monkey shifter, painted dashboard and pin striping.
- It was a spectacular painted cave with hundreds of animal figures, including many lions and rhinos.
- Can it be? Rembrandt's The Man with the Golden Helmet, one of the most famous and most majestic portraits ever painted, now turns out to be not by Rembrandt at all.
- Brian Schweitzer in 940 News
Montana's Democratic Gov. Brian Schweitzer told The Associated Press that administration officials "painted themselves in a corner."
- Peter Cook in Irish Independent
It has come to my attention that Caltrans has recently removed a patriotic and meaningful flag mural that was painted on the side of Interstate 680 following the tragic events of 9-11. To do so only days before we celebrate our independence and... Arnold Schwarzenegger http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGQSjoUt7HRfT6HEtdxk7KI3s2v9Q FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/02/city-workers-paint-freeway-flag-mural-calling-graffiti/%3Ftest%3Dlatestnews&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGP-05IGVi-oOBbPjEJwcezh4083g Jul 2, 2010
71710 95787 painted My hope is that the world sees that I'm not the scumbag pervert that I've been painted to be," the 49-year-old ex of Christie Brinkley said in a cringing TV interview that aired Friday night.