calico : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n coarse cloth with a bright print
- a made of calico or resembling calico in being patterned
a calico cat
- s having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly
- Cc is the name the scientists behind the first cloned house pet gave their creation, a shorthaired calico that is a genetic (though not a visual) duplicate of her biological mom.
- Pure casein is a white crumbling acid substance, used as a substitute for albumin in calico printing and for glue in cements.
- Archived black and white pictures on the Salt Lake Tribune web site show women in plain calico dresses, surrounded by children, their wooden homes more humble then the Eldorado log .
News & Articles
- Danville-Boyle County Humane Society Pets of the Week for June 18, 2013
Our featured pets this week are Lana and Bailey. Lana is a gorgeous 1-year-old dilute calico. Her pretty eyes and attractive markings compliment her sweet personality. Lana is curious and loves to explore so she will be an entertaining addition to her new family. Lana has been spayed and is ready to go to her forever home.
June 17, 2013 - The Danville Advocate-Messenger
The following animals have been brought to the Helping Hands Humane Society, 5720 S.W. 21st. The telephone number is 233-7325. Cats Female, dilute calico, 4 months old, found in the 700 block of S.W. Lincoln.
June 16, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- Explore A Real Old West Mining And Ghost Town: Calico Ghost Town
A visit to the Calico Ghost Town is like taking a trip back in time. Grab your camera and set out for a fun day of exploring the old west.
June 11, 2013 - CBS 2 Los Angeles
- Steve McNair in SI.com
I see a more determined Calico this year,McNair said. "I think he took a lot of heat last year for not being consistent. ...... From the two mini-camps I've seen him, he is out there working a lot harder, he is concentrating a lot harder...
- Dennis Banks in Workers World
AIM warrior Dennis Banks said of that meeting: "The decision to take Wounded Knee came when Ellen Moves Camp pointed at us and said, 'What are you men going to do about it?' If the women hadn't done that we'd still be meeting at Calico."
- Dick Ayers in White Plains Journal News
Ayers would soon freelance for Marvel Comics, where he worked on comic Westerns "The Calico Kid," "Outlaw Kid" and "Ghost Rider," the latter Ayers says he co-created.