callable : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s subject to a demand for payment before due date
- Many preferred shares are "callable," meaning that the issuing company has the right to cancel them on a certain date if interest rates have fallen sharply.
- Since January 1953, it has reduced the amount of Government securities maturing or callable from $74 billion to $63 billion.
- The Treasury's next big financing job comes in 1932 and 1933 when the first ($1,930,000,000) and fourth ($6,270,000,000) Liberty bond issues are callable.
News & Articles
- GDL Fund's Series B Cumulative Puttable and Callable Preferred Shares Goes Ex-Dividend Soon
On 6/17/13, GDL Fund's Series B Cumulative Puttable and Callable Preferred Shares (NYSE: GDL.PRB) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.375, payable on 6/26/13. As a percentage of GDL.PRB's recent share price of $50.39, this dividend works out to approximately 0.74%, so look for shares of GDL.PRB to trade 0.74% lower ? all else being equal ? when GDL.PRB shares open for ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Gabelli Global Utility & Income Trust Concludes Rights Offering
The Gabelli Global Utility & Income Trust is pleased to announce the completion of its transferable rights offering in which more than one million common shares and one million newly issued Series A Cumulative Puttable and Callable Preferred Shares are expected to be issued, totaling approximately $70 million.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- John McCain in AFP
I would like to stress that this capital increase is innovative in at least two ways: firstly, it combines a rise in callable capital of EUR9 billion with a transfer of EUR1 billion of reserves to capital and, secondly, it includes provisions to... Christine Lagarde http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Lagarde&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEud2GBUnh18Vc8WCrYg3KtXGxGZA Wall Street Journal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100514-713042.html%3Fmod%3DWSJ_latestheadlines&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6_HENXArqqjlcPKH4RL09u1TPyA May 14, 2010
14400 19554 callas I ...... would like to echo the words of (King) Juan Carlos, 'Por que no te callas?' 'Why don't you shut up?,'" Arizona Senator John McCain said about Chavez and the reprimand he received during a recent summit from Spain's King Juan Carlos.