- n a social or business visitor
- n an investor who buys a call option
- n the bettor in a card game who matches the bet and calls for a show of hands
- n a person who announces the changes of steps during a dance
you need a fiddler and a caller for country dancing
- n someone who proclaims or summons in a loud voice
the callers were mothers summoning their children home for dinner
- n the person who convenes a meeting
who is the caller of this meeting?
- n the person initiating a telephone call
there were so many callers that he finally disconnected the telephone
- s providing coolness
`caller' is a Scottish term as in `a caller breeze'
- s fresh
- Another caller said he was worried by the thought of Unidentified Flying Objects darting about in the atmosphere.
- Had Andr any idea who the caller might be? Of course, he replied: Pierre Jaccoud.
- And the market is even bigger if "caller tones" in which the caller, not the recipient, hears the tune are included.
News & Articles
- When caller ID gets spoofed
The goal of spoofing is to trick people into picking up the phone when their caller ID shows an innocuous name or number. Apparently, it's legal. Ed Stoecker's brief, unintended and unhappy stint as a telemarketer occurred recently when he spent several days receiving angry calls from people who didn't appreciate his bothering them.
June 21, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Caller said windshield broken by bottle
1:25 a.m. - A male caller said the windshield of his vehicle was broken while following a semi on U.S. 50. The caller said the driver of the semi threw something out of a window, like a soda bottle, and broke the windshield. The driver could not get a description of the semi.
June 20, 2013 - Washington Times-Herald
- Police: Caller says chased by four men, one with bat, one with knife
LAGUNA HILLS – A caller said he was chased by four men, one with a bat and one with a knife. The call was reported at 8:01 p.m. Sunday from Alicia Parkway and Via Lomas. JUNE 18 Grand theft report. 1:33 p.m. 25500 block of Nellie Gail Road. Court...
June 19, 2013 - Saddleback Valley News
- Bradie James in USA Today
We've got to play relentless football now without our signal caller, our leader, our captain on the offensive side,James said. "That's the thing about a season; you never know what can happen. You hope you are playing some real good ball...
- Sharron Angle in TIME (blog)
Having had some time to think about it, the caller and I shouldn't have used the term slush fund; that was incorrect," she writes. "My position is that the creation of this fund to compensate victims was an important first step-- BP caused...
- Todd Collins in Washington Post
It is unsettling. I've never gone through this before, I've never had a play-caller changed in the middle of the season,Collins said. "So it's a little bit unsettling and it's kind of uncharted territory for me just because I've never...