- n a person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior
- v turn aside; turn away from
- v be at variance with; be out of line with
- v cause to turn away from a previous or expected course
The river was deviated to prevent flooding
- s markedly different from an accepted norm
- Farrakhan: It is the role of Christian leaders to take a strong stand against Christians who deviate from the path of Jesus Christ? And is it the duty of Muslims to stand up against .
- Don't be afraid to not deviate from that.
- Most serious, perhaps, are allegations that Dhammachayo's teachings deviate from the core principles of Theravada Buddhism, which is effectively the state religion of Thailand.
News & Articles
- May 19, 2013 Marvin Mordes Country: United States
I can not wait to awaken-open my computer-and read artdairy.org.The quality and comprehensive art coverage is stupendous. Please do not deviate from your successful menu and let more collectors like myself be aware of your "tour de force".
June 19, 2013 - Art Daily
- Former 'Walking Dead' Showrunner Defends Major Character's Season Three Death
The creative minds behind "The Walking Dead" have shown time and again that they're happy to deviate from the comic book source material, especially where prominent deaths are concerned. Shane stuck around longer on the show, Dale had a much earlier exit … and yet another fan-favorite character from the comics bit the dust much [...]
June 18, 2013 - MTV
- Student charged with attempted sex assault at Pocono Mountain West
A Pocono Mountain West student has been charged with attempted involuntary deviate sexual intercourse in connection with an incident at the school on June 10.
June 18, 2013 - Pocono Record
- Eric Mangini in International Herald Tribune
We'll assess things after the season,Mangini said. "We just focus on what's ahead of us. That's what he believes. That's what I believe, and that's what the organization believes in. That wouldn't deviate regardless of any situation."
- Sarah Palin in Forbes
In a letter to the ConocoPhillips' Chief Executive Officer James J. Mulva, Palin wrote, "Your alternative does not give the state a reason to deviate from the AGIA process."
- Rick Pitino in International Herald Tribune
We had a plan from the beginning, we stuck to it and we didn't deviate from it and it's helped us immensely,Pitino said. "There was never any overconfidence on where we were ranked earlier in the season and there was never any panic when...