- v turn aside; turn away from
- v send on a course or in a direction different from the planned or intended one
- v occupy in an agreeable, entertaining or pleasant fashion
- v withdraw (money) and move into a different location, often secretly and with dishonest intentions
- The EA-6B Prowler helped divert the Libyan-fired SA-5 Gammon missiles that touched off the skirmishing.
- Other proposals, such as a controversial plan to divert water from the Ebro river, have pitted the Catalan capital against farmers and other cities, in a mild foretaste of the .
- While this seemingly innocuous phrase may appeal to many customers, it can also be intended as code for "not owned by immigrants," an attempt to divert business from upstanding .
News & Articles
- Traffic divert after Clay County crash
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Traffic is being diverted after a crash on Blanding Boulevard earlier this afternoon.
June 11, 2013 - FOX30 / CBS47 Jacksonville
- Embattled U.N. rights envoy for Palestinian areas vows to stay on
By Stephanie Nebehay GENEVA (Reuters) - The United Nations human rights investigator for the Palestinian territories said on Tuesday he would not resign and accused critics of calling him anti-Semitic to divert attention from his scrutiny of Israeli policies. Richard Falk said U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon had "joined in the attacks". UN Watch, an activist group that Falk labels as a "pro ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Some flights to RSW delayed due to weather
Storms have forced a JetBlue plane headed to Southwest Florida International Airport to divert and land in Sarasota.
June 11, 2013 - WINK TV Southwest Florida
- Ann Coulter in Media Matters for America
As Editor & Publisher reported, at the bottom of the March 3 posting, Coulter wrote: "IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO DIVERT BONIOR FROM HIS PRINCIPAL PASTIME WHICH IS FRONTING FOR ARAB TERRORISTS."
- the Duchess of Cornwall in Daily Star
In a statement, the Duchess said: "I'm very touched to have been invited by Prince William and Prince Harry." "I accepted and wanted to support them, however, on reflection I believe my attendance could divert attention from the purpose of...
- Janet Napolitano in Washington Post
This is a very dangerous crossing. Lives are lost every time people try to make this crossing,Napolitano said, adding that Haitians caught at sea will be repatriated. "Please do not have us divert our necessary rescue and relief efforts...