- v move or draw apart
The two paths diverge here
- v have no limits as a mathematical series
- v extend in a different direction
The lines start to diverge here
Their interests diverged
- v be at variance with; be out of line with
- The reports of sightings of the UFO converge but what the reports diverge on is the manner in which it landed.
- They agree on some matters but diverge on the manner in which the economy should be put back on track.
- Nigel diverged from the standard operating procedure and ended up saving millions for the company.
News & Articles
- Sony teases Microsoft with used-game instructional video
The small print says this applies only to disc-based games. (Credit: Video screenshot by Amanda Kooser/CNET) We are finally reveling in an influx of details on the fresh rival gaming systems of Sony's PlayStation 4 and Microsoft's Xbox One . While the two consoles share a physical resemblance, they diverge in a lot of ways. One major difference involves the handling of used games. Sony has said ...
June 11, 2013 - CNET
- The Agenda: S.C. delegation split on NSA programs; Lattimore lotto; Local GOP chair quits amid "personal attacks"
Surveillance - The P&C reported yesterday that Congressman Mark Sanford and Sen. Lindsey Graham diverge sharply on the issue of state surveillance programs. Sanford: "I think they've crossed a tripwire." more…
June 11, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- What's Distinctive About Middle Eastern Philanthropists?
The "BNP Paribas Individual Philanthropy Index," which compared philanthropists in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, found that philanthropists from the Middle East most often march to their own drumbeat and diverge from others in terms of the motivation for their giving, their top causes and how they promote their philanthropy.
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- Louis Gallois in Moneycontrol.com
I am not truly pessimistic on the Franco-German dialogue. On a lot of topics they could diverge but at the end of the day they have to find common solutions. If not there is no longer Europe, we know that,Gallois said.
- Dmitry Medvedev in AFP
There are topics on which we are making progress, such as Iran and North Korea, but there topics on which we diverge, such as the missile shield and European matters, but there are possibilities for agreement,said Medvedev at the meeting on...
- Robert Duncan in Reuters South Africa
We know we are at a turning point in Anglican history, a place where two roads diverge,Episcopal Bishop Robert Duncan of Pittsburgh, told the pre-conference meeting, according to a text released late on Thursday.