- n the act of abrogating; an official or legal cancellation
- v cancel officially
- I've done a lot of bashing here of those who think the 1999 repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act separating banking from the investment business is to blame for all our troubles.
- Out of the wordy welter of the House Judiciary Committee's hearings on legislation for Dry law repeal there began to take unmistakable shape last week a new and significant .
- For now, getting repeal back on the agenda may depend on Apolinsky and his team of estate-sniffing sleuths, who are searching Internet obituaries among other places.
News & Articles
- CCRKBA Lauds Gov. Perry's Repeal Of Onerous Knife Restrictions
BELLEVUE, Wash., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is applauding Texas Gov. Rick Perry for signing a repeal of the Lone Star State's ban on so-called "switchblade" knives, thanks largely to efforts by Knife Rights, a group CCRKBA has supported from its inception."While other knife restrictions in Texas remain in effect," noted ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Kansas death penalty foe to bike ride for repeal
A longtime opponent of the Kansas death penalty plans to bicycle 100 miles through northeast Kansas to push legislators to repeal the law.
June 17, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- Las Cruces council to mull repeal of impact fees
The City Council in Las Cruces will consider Monday whether to repeal impact fees for major road and drainage improvements. Read more at KOB.com
June 16, 2013 - KOB 4 Albuquerque
- Rudy Giuliani in International Herald Tribune
It would be OK to repeal it. It would be OK also if a strict constructionist viewed it as precedent,said Giuliani, who has a record of supporting abortion rights.
- Barack Obama in Xinhua
I am pleased that both the House of Representatives and the Senate Armed Services Committee took important bipartisan steps toward repeal tonight,US President Barack Obama said in a statement.
- John McCain in Los Angeles Times (blog)
With all this euphoria that's going on, this inside-the-Beltway Champagne toasting and all that, outside the Beltway the American people are very angry,McCain said on "GMA." "And they don't like it, and we're going to try to repeal this,...