annul : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v declare invalid
The contract was annulled
- v cancel officially
- After an appeal by the former Congressman's spurned first wife, the Vatican reverses a controversial annulment.
- The Demotecnia survey found only 3% of respondents saying they would deliberately annul their vote, suggesting the loud campaign is having a limited effect.
- In a country where voting is compulsory, a campaign is growing to get voters to annul their ballots as a way of protesting political corruption.
News & Articles
- Rumsfeld's Visit To Kyrgyzstan Sets Tongues Wagging
The story of yesterday's parliamentary vote in Kyrgyzstan to annul the lease of the U.S. air base there included an intriguing subplot: the presence of ex-U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld in Bishkek. Officially, he was there on the business of the Rumsfeld Foundation , a group that offers short-term fellowships to young scholars from Central Asia and the Caucasus to study in Washington ...
June 21, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Vojislav Kostunica in Reuters India
The United States must annul the decision to recognize a false state on the territory of Serbia,Kostunica said. "It must reaffirm UN Security Council resolution 1244, which guarantees Serbia's sovereignty and territorial integrity."
- Boris Tadic in Melbourne Herald Sun
Serbia will never recognise the independence of Kosovo. Serbia has reacted and will react with all peaceful, diplomatic and legal means to annul this act committed by Kosovo's institutions,President Boris Tadic said in a statement today.
- Walid Jumblatt in International Herald Tribune
Walid Jumblatt, leader of the Druze minority, said Hezbollah "regardless of its military strength, cannot annul the other".