- v declare invalid
- v make invalid for use
- v show to be invalid
- v take away the legal force of or render ineffective
invalidate a contract
- In Texas, three new abortion bills have already been filed, including one that would immediately invalidate state law permitting abortions if Roe v.
- Thaksin's opponents are worried the government is trying to rewrite the constitution in ways that will invalidate this verdict and the other corruption charges against him, as .
- Officials from Illinois secretary of state Jesse White, whose refusal to certify Burris' selection was used as an excuse to invalidate the appointment, to Senate majority leader .
- Richard Blumenthal in Connecticut Post
Our lawsuit seeks to invalidate loans that violated state law, allowing consumer to shed illegal, unreasonable fees and conditions that leave them at the precipice of foreclosure,Blumenthal said in a press release.
- Stephen Breyer in Guardian Unlimited
To invalidate the plans under review is to threaten the promise of Brown,Breyer said.
- Dennis Crouch in BusinessWeek
Boston University law professor Dennis Crouch wrote on a popular Supreme Court blog, Scotusblog, that "because of KSR, patents will be more difficult to enforce and easier to invalidate."