- v declare invalid
- v make invalid for use
- v show to be invalid
- v take away the legal force of or render ineffective
invalidate a contract
- This is a pathetic cowardly, personal attack against me intended to damage my credibility and invalidate any support I offer to O'Reilly against the charges that he is a .
- Musharraf, increasingly unpopular since his dismissal late last year of the Supreme Court which was poised to invalidate his recent re-election on constitutional grounds .
- Officials from Illinois secretary of state Jesse White, whose refusal to certify Burris' selection was used as an excuse to invalidate the appointment, to Senate majority leader .
- Richard Blumenthal in Connecticut Post
Our lawsuit seeks to invalidate loans that violated state law, allowing consumer to shed illegal, unreasonable fees and conditions that leave them at the precipice of foreclosure,Blumenthal said in a press release.
- Stephen Breyer in Guardian Unlimited
To invalidate the plans under review is to threaten the promise of Brown,Breyer said.
- Dennis Crouch in BusinessWeek
Boston University law professor Dennis Crouch wrote on a popular Supreme Court blog, Scotusblog, that "because of KSR, patents will be more difficult to enforce and easier to invalidate."