- n the state of nonexistence
- n an empty area or space
the huge desert voids
- v declare invalid
void a plea
- v clear (a room, house, place) of occupants or empty or clear (a place or receptacle) of something
The chemist voided the glass bottle
The concert hall was voided of the audience
- v take away the legal force of or render ineffective
- v excrete or discharge from the body
- s lacking any legal or binding force
null and void
- s containing nothing
the earth was without form, and void
- Some seem damning, others perplexing, but the pause is creating a strange void in which leaks are followed by rebuttals from Ivins' colleagues and his attorney (who .
- And microwaves crossing a huge void would lose some of their energy, in a complex process involving the reduced gravity inside.
- Where Minutka Square -- with it imposing buildings that lead to Lenin Avenue -- once was nothing remained, just a huge, imposing void.
News & Articles
- ‘Bad News Bears’ get their own baseball cards
Because your baseball card collection is sadly void of Kelly Leak, you'll be happy to know that a set of "Bad News Bears" baseball cards are coming soon from Panini America. According to Panini's blog post announcing the cards, this … Continue reading ?
June 12, 2013 - Big League Stew via Yahoo! Sports
- Lompoc Police Arrest 16 Suspected Gang Members
Sixteen suspected gang members are off the streets leaving a giant void in leadership and one Lompoc gang outreach group says it will work to keep it that way.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 11 Santa Maria
- 'Fill the Void' review: unusually Orthodox
'Fill the Void' review: unusually Orthodox "Fill the Void," a compelling and skillfully made domestic drama, is a rarity, a film that's both set within, and emerges from, a devoutly religious world. A promising young man has been found for Shira, and as the movie opens she is being taken to a supermarket by her mother (Irit Sheleg) to catch a glimpse of him. Women face certain restrictions, to ...
June 7, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Dan Rooney in ABC News
Well, there are really a lot of reasons. Success has had something to do with it,Steelers owner Dan Rooney said. "The fact that they have had difficult times ...... in Pittsburgh and we sort of filled the void - they could have something...
- Richard Eyre in International Herald Tribune
It is hard not to be Polyanna-ish about Paul because he is such a manifestly good man, so humane and decent, and curiously void of ego,said director Richard Eyre, former artistic director of Britain's National Theatre. "All the pride he...
- Jim Leyland in The Associated Press
This is a blow because we thought we had it set up pretty good with Perry in the seventh, Zumaya in the eighth and Valverde closing,Leyland said. "Obviously Zumaya is a big void, but we'll go on. Somebody needs to step up and we'll go on."