- v move out of an unsafe location into safety
After the earthquake, residents were evacuated
- v empty completely
evacuate the bottle
- v move people from their homes or country
- v create a vacuum in (a bulb, flask, reaction vessel)
- v excrete or discharge from the body
- Another legislator, Yuri Shcherbak, notes that the decision to evacuate residents of the town of Chernobyl, which is just 14 km (9 miles) from the plant, was not made until May 2 .
- Only a week after Hurricane Gustav forced nearly two million Louisianans to evacuate, many who fled aren't bothering to unpack as they grapple with the prospect of a powerful new .
- Officials are still negotiating with Amtrak for trains to evacuate the disabled and those too sick to be crowded onto buses.
News & Articles
- Residents Evacuate as Rabbit Creek Floods
At least one home is being evacuated in the Rabbit Creek area in South Anchorage, as the creek has overflowed it's banks. The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for Rabbit Creek this morning. Flooding Photos NWS: Anchorage Flood Warning
June 14, 2013 - Alaska Public Radio Network
- Colo. Springs orders residents of 1,000 homes to evacuate, first mandatory evacuations in city
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Colo. Springs orders residents of 1,000 homes to evacuate, first mandatory evacuations in city.
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Residents Of 1,000 Colorado Springs Homes Ordered To Evacuate Due To Fire
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Residents of 1,000 homes in Colorado Springs are being ordered to evacuate because of a wildfire that's already destroyed at least 360 houses. Thursday's evacuation order is the first within the city limits. About 38,000 people
June 13, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Thad W Allen in Financial Times
The safety of life is number one priority [and] we would move well in advance of the storm to evacuate personnel,Adm Allen said. "That would require us at some point to move our vessels of opportunity off the water."
- President Bush in The Gazette (Montreal)
I know there are people concerned about their lives. Some people didn't evacuate when asked. I've been briefed on the rescue teams there in the area,Bush said.
- Mark Loretta in Houston Chronicle
The first thing we heard was the Cubs wanted us to fly to Milwaukee to play,said Astros infielder Mark Loretta, one of only two National League player representatives. "We didn't think that was a very good idea to try to evacuate our...