emptiness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the state of containing nothing
- n having an empty stomach
- n an empty area or space
the emptiness of outer space
- n the quality of being valueless or futile
- Collectively, the students chant the Prajn-Pramita Sutra: "Form is not different from emptiness.
- Where is my Faith even deep down right in there is nothing, but emptiness darkness My God how painful is this unknown pain I have no Faith I dare not utter .
- We all know how treacherous are words, and how often we use them to paper over embarrassment, or emptiness, or fear of the larger spaces that silence brings.
- Ken Green in AFP
The pain and emptiness of losing my brother Billy, my girlfriend Jeannie and my dog Nip are enormous,Green said. "They were always supportive and loving and stuck by me during my struggles."
- Jack Kevorkian in Forbes
Along the docks and the palm-lined pier, "Everyone stood there and followed the boat with their eyes," Valerie Kevorkian, a dive shop operator and scuba instructor, recalled, "and then there was only emptiness ...... a ghostly feeling."
- Pope Benedict XVI in BBC News
The men and women in our technical age risk becoming victims of their own intellectual and technical achievements, ending up in spiritual barrenness and emptiness of heart,the Pope said.