- v give up, such as power, as of monarchs and emperors, or duties and obligations
- v leave (a job, post, or position) voluntarily
- v turn away from; give up
- v cast off
She renounced her husband
- The leader said that the most difficult thing to renounce was his ideological views.
- The activist urged the gathering to renounce all things made of animal fur.
- The terrorists have to renounce violence and intimidation before we even think of granting them amnesty.
News & Articles
- Tuidang Statements May 20-23
Editor’s note: The Epoch Times publishes here direct translations of statements made by Chinese people who have renounced the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and its affiliate youth organizations. Statements such as these are submitted to the Chinese language Epoch Times, … The post Tuidang Statements May 20-23 appeared first on The Epoch Times .
June 12, 2013 - The Epoch Times
- President Bush in Reuters South Africa
It is unacceptable for Iranian President Ahmadinejad, who refuses to renounce and end his own country's support of terrorism, to visit the site of the deadliest terrorist attack on American soil in our nation's history,Democratic US Sen....
- Muqtada al-Sadr in USA Today
I am with every Sunni, Shiite or Christian who is opposed to the agreement ...... and I reject, condemn and renounce the presence of occupying forces and bases on our beloved land,al-Sadr said in a message read to the crowd by a senior aide.
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
My policy toward Hamas has been no different than his,Obama said in an interview on CNN. "I've said that they are a terrorist organization, that we should not negotiate with them unless they recognize Israel, renounce violence, and unless...