- n a macintosh made from cotton fabric treated with oil and pigment to make it waterproof
- n a person with good manners and stylish clothing
- n someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
- s made slick by e.g. ice or grease
- s having only superficial plausibility
- s having a smooth, gleaming surface reflecting light
- s marked by skill in deception
- A faster, slicker processor has since cooled things down.
- The stacks of printed sheets inside are worthless to the hunter-gatherer tribesmen but not to the city slicker who happens to pass by a few days laterhe acquires them in .
- Just then a dripping grounds keeper came in to fetch a slicker.
News & Articles
- More rain? Yes, 2 to 4 inches
Tune the orchestra, cue Gene Kelly and get out the slicker and umbrella. There's as much as 4 inches of rain coming today -- at least according to meteorologists.
June 13, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- Shooting the Bull: FrogLube's Firearms Products: The New Definition of Slick
If you’ve been following the news reports coming out of Washington lately, you might be asking yourself: Could there possibly be anything in this world slicker than a D.C. politician?
June 13, 2013 - The Times-News
- Farm Sign Says Sex, Noises And Odors Inevitable To New City Slicker Neighbors [Viral Photo]
A viral farm sign says sex, noises and odors are inevitable when you live next to one, and if you don’t like it, you ought to move away. We’re guessing that the owner of said farm regularly gets complaints about his/her animals making noises, smelling bad and having sex outdoors for everyone to see. It [...] Farm Sign Says Sex, Noises And Odors Inevitable To New City Slicker Neighbors [Viral ...
June 10, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Mike Bartrum in Forbes
They're slicker than the plastic balls my kids play with,injured Philadelphia Eagles long-snapper Mike Bartrum said Tuesday.
- Martin Johnson in Sydney Morning Herald
Johnson added: "I thought the effort was good, we just need to be that bit slicker. We had more pressure at the end of the game than they did. They did have a big chance when the ball hit the post but I felt we should have put the game away."
- Matt Kenseth in SI.com
The track is the same as it was last year, maybe a little bit slicker,Matt Kenseth said.