- n a slippery smoothness
he could feel the slickness of the tiller
- n a magazine printed on good quality paper
- n a film of oil or garbage floating on top of water
- n a trowel used to make a surface slick
- v make slick or smooth
- v give a smooth and glossy appearance
slick one's hair
- s made slick by e.g. ice or grease
sidewalks slick with ice
roads are slickest when rain has just started and hasn't had time to wash away the oil
- s having only superficial plausibility
a slick commercial
- s having a smooth, gleaming surface reflecting light
slick seals and otters
- s marked by skill in deception
a slick evasive answer
- When obliged to initiate a sniveling little teacher's pet, they paddle him till he needs a doctor, slick down his hair so thoroughly with tar that he makes his next appearance .
- The videos may not be slick, but they're realand anyway, slick is overrated.
- The slick caused an estimated $100 million in damage and took five months to clean up.
News & Articles
- Driver dies in rollover crash off 410 near Pearsall Rd
SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Police said the slick roads caused a man driving a red Mustang to lose control and hydroplane off Loop 410 near Pearsall Road. The accident happened just before 6:30a.m. The car took out a highway sign and then rolled down the hill. The driver was thrown from the car and died on scene. Police said the driver had severe head trauma. A passerby called police after she ...
June 12, 2013 - KENS 5 San Antonio
- PowerShell Command Line Introduction
Here’s a slick PowerShell 3.0 one-liner. If you want to pull down an RSS feed from a blog, displaying only the title and publication date try: Invoke-RestMethod "http://www.dougfinke.com/blog/index.php/feed/" | Select title, pubdate It’s that simple. No looping, no checking end …
June 12, 2013 - O'Reilly Media
- Merion’s slick greens and sticky rough will make U.S. Open tougher than you think
Don’t worry about this being the Stick-It-With-A-Wedge Open, says SI’s Michael Bamberger. Merion’s super-slick greens -- like Augusta used to have -- and sticky rough will give us an Open worthy of this historic course.
June 10, 2013 - Golf Magazine
- Orrin Hatch in Boston Globe
This shouldn't be called a health care bill of rights, but a bill of goods that the American people aren't buying,said Senator Orrin G. Hatch, Republican of Utah. "There isn't enough slick advertising, politically crafted events, or artful...
- Denny Hamlin in Richmond Times Dispatch
There's 42 other drivers that agree we should not be racing on that track,Hamlin said after canoeing back to the garage area. "I hit a slick spot. You can see it on TV."
- David Akers in USA Today
Kicking balls are very, very slick,Akers said. "That might be something that needs to be addressed. A lot of people take the snap, hold and kick for granted. It just shows you how technical that is."