glib : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s marked by lack of intellectual depth
a glib response to a complex question
- s having only superficial plausibility
- s artfully persuasive in speech
a glib tongue
- I fell into a trap, which in part had been laid by my own glib tongue.
- Rowling's answer, at once glib and profound, is that Harry's power comes from love.
- To the millions of Americans who followed him, Garner Ted dispensed glib solutions to such problems as drugs, crime, broken marriages and delinquent childrenall implicitly in .
News & Articles
- GLib 2.36.3 Stable Release Repairs Seven Bugs
Softpedia: Glib 2.36.3 fixes the property example in the GObject tutorial, a GThreadedResolver issue – related to setting an error if no records could be found – has been repaired.
June 11, 2013 - Linux Today
- In 'La Camioneta,' Mark Kendall traces school bus' strange trip
His documentary follows the transformation of a vehicle for Pennsylvania students into one that serves Guatemalan workers. In a memorable scene from Robert Altman's 1975 classic "Nashville," a ditzy British reporter played by Geraldine Chaplin wanders beside a fleet of yellow school buses, scavenging for glib metaphors about the fissures in U.S. society.
June 11, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Tom Cruise in USA Today
Matt, Matt, you don't even - you're glib,Cruise responded. "You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories,...
- John Howard in International Herald Tribune
This is a glib one-liner to say that our wealth is entirely due to the resources boom,Howard told the Australian Broadcasting Corp. "I reject entirely the argument that it's all about China."
- Steve Coppell in Goal.com
But Coppell said: "I have always given glib answers and said we are not ready. It could be not good for us. We would have to have a bigger squad which we could not afford and over time could prove to be cumbersome and a hindrance. Europe is a...