- s having a smooth, gleaming surface reflecting light
- From the stage of Boston's Pilgrim Theater, a seedy burlesque house in the city's newly designated "Combat Zone" for sex films and ecdysiast exhibitions, a shapely, silken-gowned .
- In 1934, Pu Yi slipped into silken robes emblazoned with dragons and formally ascended to the throne of Japanese-occupied Manchukuo, fueled by hopes of a revived Qing Dynasty.
- And yet no sun can melt Blago's coif, which, despite his many troubles, descends like a silken espresso curtain and then swerves suddenly to the side, revealing a gaze most innocent.
News & Articles
- Are You Gonna Eat That? La Chaumière’s Calf’s Brain
What It Is : Sautéed calf’s brain with brown butter, lemon, and capers, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, and baby bok choy. What It Tastes Like : “Beefy silken tofu” comes to mind. The two lobes have a velvety texture and subtle beef flavor.
July 12, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- Jack Valenti in Los Angeles Times
Recalling that day during a Caltech appearance in 2003, Valenti said: "I was fascinated the way I'm fascinated by a hooded cobra or a silken panther on a hillside ready to spring. It was an animal magnetism I never got over."
- Mike Murphy in Canada NewsWire (press release)
Just as she did as a champion rower, Silken Laumann continues to inspire Canadians with her work with children and we are very pleased to have her join the list of world-renowned speakers at 2007 Health Summit,said Murphy.
- Kyle Shewfelt in Toronto Star
I remember watching shampoo commercials with (cyclist) Curt Harnett and an IBM commercial with Silken Laumann and I thought I might be able to do that, too,Shewfelt said. "I definitely thought I would get endorsements."