- n a movement upward
- n organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
- v move upward
- v increase in value or to a higher point
- v rise to one's feet
- v rise up
- v come to the surface
- v come into existence; take on form or shape
- v move to a better position in life or to a better job
- v go up or advance
- v become more extreme
- v get up and out of bed
- v rise in rank or status
- v become heartened or elated
- v exert oneself to meet a challenge
- v take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance
- v increase in volume
- v come up, of celestial bodies
The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled...
- v return from the dead
- a advancing or becoming higher or greater in degree or value or status
a rising trend
a rising market
- s sloping upward
- s coming to maturity
the rising generation
- s newly come into prominence
a rising young politician
- Why it's good that food prices are finally rising after years of bargain groceries.
- Is the recent rise in gold prices a positive indicator, like the rising stock market, or a sign that investors are uneasy about America's debt?.
- Pence, a rising star in the House, is suggesting a temporary worker program based on a database run by private industry.
News & Articles
- Dead Rising 3 Kinect and Smartglass integration detailed
Dead Rising 3 's optional use of the Xbox One's mandatory Kinect gifts its zombies with a level of situational awareness you may not want them to have, truth be told. "They can hear," a Capcom representative told us during a demonstration at E3. "If you want to call a zombie or distract [a zombie], you just yell at your Kinect and they'll respond to you." Sounds useful in a stealth situation ...
June 12, 2013 - Joystiq
- Dead Rising 3 adds Nightmare mode for die-hard Dead Rising traditionalists
Traversing Dead Rising 3 's reportedly massive open world won't be a race against the clock, or an all-out search for a bathroom like previous entries in the series - that is, unless you want it to be. The game's new direction, as well as its opt-in old direction, was explained to us by Capcom during a closed-door demonstration of the game at E3. "We're trying to have our cake and eat it too, in ...
June 11, 2013 - Joystiq
- Dead Rising 3 and the Case of the Disappearing Banana Hammock [Xbox One]
Why Dead Rising 3 isn't nearly as serious as the Xbox press conference made it out to be.
June 11, 2013 - GameSpot
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
In these challenging times, when we are facing both rising deficits and a sinking economy, budget reform is not an option,Obama said. "It's a necessity."
- Ben Bernanke in Washington Post
Bernanke said that the "upside risks to the inflation outlook have intensified lately, as the rising prices of energy and some other commodities have led to a sharp pickup in inflation and some measures of inflation expectations have moved higher."
- Henry Waxman in SI.com
The illegal use of steroids and performance-enhancing drugs was pervasive for more than a decade, Major League Baseball was slow and ineffective in responding to the scandal, and the use of human growth hormone has been rising,said committee...