- n (Christianity) celebration of the Ascension of Christ into heaven; observed on the 40th day after Easter
- n a movement upward
- n (New Testament) the rising of the body of Jesus into heaven on the 40th day after his Resurrection
- n (astronomy) the rising of a star above the horizon
- n the act of changing location in an upward direction
- When Einhorn was first arrested in France in 1997, PTI magazines Steve Lopez explained the whole story, from Einhorns ascension in the hippie world as a student at the .
- I first met Hu Jintao during his visit to Washington in 2002, shortly before his ascension to the pinnacle posts in China.
- In political terms, however, the ascension has been less smooth.