- n any of various substances of either mineral origin or plant or animal origin; they are solid at normal temperatures and insoluble in water
- v cover with wax
wax the car
- v go up or advance
- v increase in phase
the moon is waxing
- And ear wax is good.
- And choose soy, vegetable wax or beeswaxall renewable and biodegradable materialsover paraffin wax candles, which are petroleum based.
- A burn treatment, in which a wax film is sprayed from a flit gun on damaged tissues, was described last week by Lieut.
- Todd Lodwick in USA Today
I have to give credit to my wax team, they worked really hard and I think I had some of the best skis,Lodwick said. "I was very tired on the final hill, but that's what it takes to win the gold."
- David Akers in Forbes
Kicking balls are very, very slick,Akers said. "They have a lot of wax on them because they are brand new. You don't get to work them in very much, and you see a lot of that happening."
- Bob Huggins in San Francisco Chronicle
You all are trying to get me in trouble,Huggins said. "I get in enough trouble. I would love to wax eloquently about it, but I can't."