- n organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
- v make revolution
The people revolted when bread prices tripled again
- v fill with distaste
- v cause aversion in; offend the moral sense of
- The French sent armored columns to smash the fellagha, and the revolt seemed to fizzle out.
- Last week the Mexican presidential campaign broke out in bloody revolt and boded well to be settled on the battlefields rather than in the ballot boxes.
News & Articles
- A message for another time
If the national tax revolt has bookends, the first bracket was placed 35 years ago this month. That's when California voters passed Proposition 13, a law curbing tax increases.
June 14, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- GNOME 3, Windows 95 Disconnected
FOSS Force: When the revolt of the GNOME users first began, most of us probably figured this story would play-out along predictable lines, again following a plot similar to what we'd seen during the KDE revolution.
June 13, 2013 - Linux Today
- Greek PM faces coalition revolt over state TV shutdown
By Lefteris Papadimas and Renee Maltezou ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras faced down a political revolt on Wednesday from partners in his ruling coalition after his government abruptly switched the state broadcaster off the air in the middle of the night. Screens went black on state broadcaster ERT, cutting newscasters off mid-sentence only hours after the decision was ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- President Bush in Liverpool Echo
Mr Bush said: "In Anbar, the enemy remains active and deadly. Earlier today, one of the brave tribal sheikhs who helped lead the revolt against al Qaida was murdered. In response, a fellow Sunni leader declared: 'We are determined to strike back and...
- Roza Otunbayeva in ChattahBox
You can call this revolution. You can call this a people's revolt. Either way, it is our way of saying that we want justice and democracy,former foreign minister and opposition leader Roza Otunbayeva said.
- Barney Frank in Reuters
It depends on the House Republicans dropping this revolt against the president and cooperating in trying to amend the plan,Frank said.