- n strong feelings of dislike
- v fill with distaste
This spoilt food disgusts me
- v cause aversion in; offend the moral sense of
- Rozin specializes in the psychological study of disgust, and he was demonstrating the universal concept of touch transference.
- It began with venting his disgust for the melodramatic drivel he saw on television, then expanded to include riffs about false advertising and polluting consumer products.
- The 8 primary emotions are: Fear, surprise, sadness, disgust, anger, anticipation, joy and acceptance.
- William Hague in BBC News
If the punishment is carried out, it will disgust and appal the watching world,he told a news conference in London on Thursday.
- Tony Blair in Reuters UK
I really don't know why the Iranian regime keeps doing this. All it does is enhance peoples' disgust at captured personnel being paraded and manipulated in this way,Blair said. "It doesn't fool anyone."
- Richard Blumenthal in Washington Post
Consumers who called were put on hold or transferred repeatedly until they hung up in disgust,said Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal, who described AOL's practices as "outlandish and underhanded."