- n refusal to accept some authority or code or convention
each generation must have its own rebellion
his body was in rebellion against fatigue
- n organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
- The Communists were not the only ones who could wage successful rebellion in Asia.
- From Bulgaria last week CBS Correspondent Leigh White poured out a bagful of new horror stories, gathered from eyewitness accounts of Rumania's fortnight-old Iron Guard rebellion.
- In the bizarre, rebellion-plagued history of the Congo since independence, Pierre Mulele authored one of the bloodier chapters.
News & Articles
- Syria Targets Rebel Women
Human Rights Watch has detailed the stories—many of which include harrowing abuse—of women punished for helping the rebellion against Bashar al-Assad.
June 26, 2013 - Newsweek
- Saudi Arabia says Syrian war on rebels is 'genocide'
By Lesley Wroughton JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia said on Tuesday the Syrian government's attempts to suppress a rebellion amounted to "genocide" and called for rebels to get military aid to defend themselves, in a sharp escalation of rhetoric over the conflict. Speaking at a news conference with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry in Jeddah, Saudi foreign minister Prince Saud al ...
June 25, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- The Boxer Rebellion Rock Leno Recap
The Boxer Rebellion were the special musical guests on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno last Friday night and video of their appearance has been posted online
June 23, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- John Boehner in U.S. Politics Today
In September, speaking at the Values Voter Summit, Boehner said people are demonstrating and attending town hall meetings because "we're in the midst of a political rebellion in America."
- Charles Jay in Washington Post
I saw 'Footloose' in my hometown theater when I was 13-years-old and it rocked my world. It was a teenage rebellion movie that explored the struggles of faith and family in a small town, and it had an awesome soundtrack. I can promise 'Footloose'... Craig Brewer http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Brewer&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHzCKSoQErrUMeeXgrOSd66g9WZ-Q MTV.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2010/06/22/footloose-ren-kenny-wormald/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGVlI7zKNgnQrqy79rCHP58l5vBmA Jun 22, 2010
80911 108847 rebellious Obviously this is a party that wants low or no taxes, and I think we're just naturally rebellious," said Jay, linking his party to the colonists who tossed tea into the Boston harbor to protest British taxes. "We're bad boys and bad girls."