knowing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a clear and certain mental apprehension
- v be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about
- v know how to do or perform something
- v be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt
- v be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object
- v have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
- v accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
- v have fixed in the mind
- v have sexual intercourse with
- v know the nature or character of
- v be able to distinguish, recognize as being different
- v perceive as familiar
- s evidencing the possession of inside information
- s characterized by conscious design or purpose
a knowing attempt to defraud
- s alert and fully informed
a knowing collector of rare books
- s highly educated; having extensive information or understanding
- Since Piaget, the territory has been widely colonized by those who write about women's ways of knowing, Afrocentric ways of knowing, even the computer's ways of knowing.
- But knowing that I did want to make a difference.
- It's knowing some cultural information which one can assume, but one must be wrong.
News & Articles
- NHL on NBC: Game 1 earns best rating since 1997; Pierre McGuire’s honor defended
The NHL entered the 2013 Stanley Cup Final knowing that the Chicago Blackhawks and the Boston Bruins were going to be a ratings smash in the U.S., based on the strength of the local viewership numbers and the attention this … Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- Gardening where you are with roses
When it comes to plant selection, knowing your place makes a world of difference, saving you time, money, and frustration. Choosing plants proven to thrive in a particular area makes gardening rewarding. Roses provide an excellent illustration. We Iowans may admire magazine pictures of climbers topping trellises or hybrid tea roses gracing a garden somewhere else, but we will be happiest ...
June 13, 2013 - Mt. Pleasant News
- Miami Dolphins find reason to celebrate in offense’s simulated success
Seconds ticking away. Ryan Tannehill calling signals, knowing he eventually needs a touchdown, but first needs a fourth-down conversion.
June 13, 2013 - The Palm Beach Post
- Gordon Brown in Reuters UK
Knowing as she did the threats to her life ...... she risked everything in her attempt to win democracy in Pakistan and she has been assassinated by cowards afraid of democracy,Brown said in a televised statement.
- Mitch McConnell in ì¡°ì„ ì¼ë³´(ì˜ë¬¸íŒ)
We all know that contracts are valid in this country, but they need to be looked at,said Mitch McConnell. "Did they enter into these contracts knowing full well that, as a practical matter, the taxpayers of the United States were going to...
- Barack Obama in AFP
For while Senator McCain was turning his sights to Iraq just days after 9/11, I stood up and opposed this war, knowing that it would distract us from the real threats we face,Obama said in late August.