learned : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v gain knowledge or skills
She learned dancing from her sister
I learned Sanskrit
- v get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
I learned that she has two grown-up children
- v commit to memory; learn by heart
- v be a student of a certain subject
- v impart skills or knowledge to
- v find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort
- s having or showing profound knowledge
a learned jurist
- s highly educated; having extensive information or understanding
- a established by conditioning or learning
- Sources tell PTI that details of the bonus plan were revealed 10 days before Treasury staffers say they learned of them.
- Sources indicate that Rove may have learned Valerie Plame's identity from within the Administration rather than from media contacts.
- And as I quickly learned, having sex is exactly what many of the people on the site spend their time doing.
News & Articles
- 5 things learned in Game 2 of Stanley Cup finals
CHICAGO (AP) -- Five things learned in the Boston Bruins' 2-1 overtime win over the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals on Saturday night:
June 16, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- 5 things learned in Bruins OT win over Blackhawks
Five things learned in the Boston Bruins' 2-1 overtime win over the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals on Saturday night:
June 16, 2013 - WCVB Boston
- Lessons learned
Lessons learned from Daddy (Ralph McCurry Jr.):
June 16, 2013 - The Springfield News-Leader
- Robert Gates in National Post
I think the subsequent five years have demonstrated that the lesson was learned,he said.
- Mark Cavendish in Globe and Mail
During the good days, the elation from his past successes meant "you kind of float on a cloud," but that "there's people who just want to pull you off that cloud," he said. "I learned a big lesson not to get on that cloud, and people...
- Alex Rodriguez in USA Today
I've learned in my career it's always much better to be recognized for some of the great things you do on the field,Rodriguez said prior to the Yankees taking the field Sunday night against Boston. "Good for him. He threw a perfect game,...