lettered : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v win an athletic letter
- v set down or print with letters
- v mark letters on or mark with letters
- s highly educated; having extensive information or understanding
- She also lettered in two other varsity sports, and was president of the student council and valedictorian of her class.
- In a playful hand-lettered preface, del Rio says that a "reason for trying to take on Charlie was my wish to understand himan ambition which I haven't satisfied.
- GUATEMALA EN PIE (Guatemala is on its feet) read hand-lettered placards taped to newly installed plate-glass windows in Guatemala City shops and restaurants last week.
News & Articles
- Snohomish's Tanner Perry is The Herald's Boy Athlete of the Year
Snohomish's Tanner Perry is The Herald's Class of 2013 Boy Athlete of the Year. Perry lettered in three different sports but his impact on sports at Snohomish was felt in many different places.
June 17, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Roadwork Roundup, June 17, 2013
Weather permitting, spring road work continues this week on interstates, U.S. and Missouri highways, and lettered routes throughout Northwest Missouri.
June 16, 2013 - St. Joseph News-Press
- Miss DotDomilise, matriarch of Uptown poor boy restaurant, dies at 90
Dominic Massa / Eyewitness News Dorothy “Miss Dot” Domilise, the matriarch and mainstay of the Uptown restaurant that bears her family’s name and earned fans nationwide for its poor boy sandwiches and New Orleans character, died Friday. She was 90. The restaurant in the small yellow building on Annunciation Street with its hand-lettered sign – “OPEN – DOMILISE’S PO-BOY & BAR” – has drawn fans ...
June 15, 2013 - WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans