- n a written message addressed to a person or organization
mailed an indignant letter to the editor
- n the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
his grandmother taught him his letters
- n owner who lets another person use something (housing usually) for hire
- n a strictly literal interpretation (as distinct from the intention)
he followed instructions to the letter
he obeyed the letter of the law
- n an award earned by participation in a school sport
he won letters in three sports
- v win an athletic letter
- v set down or print with letters
- v mark letters on or mark with letters
- If this letter changes the course of events for these newborns, then perhaps our lives will have served a higher purpose.
- A PTI cover story on an explosive letter to the head of the FBI, Minneapolis agent Coleen Rowley acuses the agency of obstructing information that may have prevented Sept.
- The package contained a letter from President Bush to Saddam Hussein conveying in stark terms Washington's determination to see Iraq leave Kuwait.
News & Articles
- LETTER: Do homework before entering CO2 debate
Letter writers Jerald Franse and Jim Kohl are perfect examples of what happens as America falls farther and farther behind in science.
June 13, 2013 - Evansville Courier & Press
- Letter: Delaware Avenue traffic change is for the better
I strongly disagree with the letter writer from Kenmore asking that the traffic on Delaware Avenue be restored to two lanes. First off he stated he was walking along Delaware when he observed the traffic tieup.
June 13, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Letter: Women and babies are victims
Letter: Women and babies are victims Editor: Recently in the Record syndicated columnist, Robert Reich, was singing the praises of the progressivism movement since 1968.
June 12, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Steve Ballmer in CTV.ca
In February 2007, I received a letter from your chairman indicating the view of the Yahoo board that 'now is not the right time from the perspective of our shareholders to enter into discussions regarding an acquisition transaction,'Ballmer...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in FOXNews
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said, "Tonight is a red-letter night in American history. It is the last time George Bush will give the State of the Union. Next year it will be a Democratic president giving it."
- Salam Fayyad in International Herald Tribune
There were statements issued by some Israeli officials that linked the issue with the protest letter,Fayyad said while on a visit to high schools in the West Bank city of Ramallah.