erudite : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having or showing profound knowledge
an erudite professor
- The erudite journalist was the likely winner of the Pulitzer prize that summer.
- In an hour-long interview with Bill Moyers on PBS last week, Wright discussed in detail the history of the African-American religious tradition and presented a calm, erudite .
- The delicate business of defusing the planet's powder kegs is left to the group's local experts who transform exhaustive on-the-ground research into erudite reports and policy .
News & Articles
- Netflix Will Launch Multiple User Profiles This Summer To Keep Your Recommendations Pristine
It's a nuisance many Netflix users are familiar with--you log-on to watch something from the Criterion Collection, only to find that your recommendations are now littered with "Dora The Explorer" or "Say Yes To The Dress" because someone in your household with less erudite tastes in streaming entertainment used your account. Fortunately, you will soon be free of that problem after Netflix ...
June 12, 2013 - TechCrunch
- FIRST LOOK: Theo James Is 'Four' in the Upcoming Dystopian Fantasy 'Divergent'
I f you're a fan of Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games series, you might have heard about another dystopian fantasy series penned by Veronica Roth called Divergent. The series paints a futuristic world where people are divided into factions based on their personalities: Amity (peaceful), Abnegation (selfless); Candor (honesty), Erudite (intelligent); and Dauntless (brave). Now, we have our first ...
June 10, 2013 - Zimbio
- Dishes bloom with fresh flowers
If having flowers on the table can make a meal seem twice as delectable - as erudite food writer Michael Pollan asserts - then how many times tastier might that meal be with the flowers in it?
June 7, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Malcolm Turnbull in Melbourne Herald Sun
The old conservatives which Mr Rudd despises because they're not as erudite as him, were at least smart enough to know that Brisbane needed more water,Mr Turnbull said.
- Quentin Tarantino in Los Angeles Times
Christoph came in, he sure looks like Landa. He carries himself in a certain way and that wasn't him trying -- Christoph is just very erudite,said Tarantino. "And halfway through the opening scene, I was like, 'This is the guy!' "
- John Wells in CNN
Crichton was "an extraordinary man. Brilliant, funny, erudite, gracious, exceptionally inquisitive and always thoughtful," "ER" executive producer John Wells told the AP. "No lunch with Michael lasted less than three hours and no subject was...